Drug Store News RSS Feed
- AAM adds associate members, board member
Joining the AAM board of directors is Siggi Olafson, CEO of Hikma, who will represent the company on the board. Read More
- New H-E-B Bellaire Market elevates customer experience, literally
H-E-B is opening Wednesday its first Houston-area multi-level store. Read More
- Amneal, Actavis settle generic Rytary litigation
Under the settlement, Ameal will grant Actavis a license to sell its generic Rytary on July 31, 2025, or earlier under certain circumstances. Read More
- Kroger commits to phasing out neonicotinoid-treated plants
Kroger has announced a new policy to protect pollinators that includes a commitment to phase out by 2020 sourcing of live garden plants in stores and garden centers that have been treated with neonicotinoids, a group of insecticides that are harmful [...]
- Pringles’ limited-edition Nashville Hot Chicken flavor adds heat
Pringles' Nashville Hot Chicken flavor will be available exclusively at Dollar General locations throughout the nation for a limited time. Read More
RxWiki ALL Health News RSS Feed
- Smallpox Rx Approved
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the first-ever medication to treat smallpox.
- New Warning for Common Antibiotics
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a class-wide warning for a group of antibiotics commonly used to treat urinary tract and respiratory infections.
- Poison Ivy, Oak and Sumac — Oh My!
If you are spending time outdoors this summer, you may come into contact with poison ivy, poison oak or poison sumac. Here's what you need to know.
- Stop Smoking with These 6 Tips
Quitting smoking is hard, but millions of people have been able to do it, and you can, too.
- Paint Exposure and MS: A Possible Link
A recent study found a possible link between organic solvents and increased multiple sclerosis (MS) risk in people with genes that make them more susceptible to developing the condition.
RxWiki Medication News RSS Feed
- Antibody Decreased Asthma Response
Getting to the root of the cause of asthma may help develop more effective treatments. A new drug has targeted one of those possible causes.
- Worse Drug Resistance Seen in HIV Positive Children
Once the HIV virus becomes resistant to a drug, that resistance is permanent. Drug resistance in HIV-infected children makes finding an effective treatment more difficult.
- Antifungal Rx May Increase Skin Cancer
Side effects involving skin damage have been reported in patients taking voriconazole for fungal infections. Some patients using voriconazole long-term have developed skin cancer.
- Looking Ahead for Pulmonary Fibrosis Patients
Patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis have not had many treatment options to improve their quality of life. Results of clinical trials due in 2014 may change that.
- Long-Term Effects of Golimumab in Patients with Arthritis
Clinicians are generally familiar with the side effects of most prescribed medications. However, the safety of newer medications such as golimumab, an anti-TNF drug to treat autoimmune disorders, is still being examined.