Drug Store News RSS Feed
- CVS’ Foulkes named CEO at Hudson’s Bay Company
Helena Foulkes, the executive vice president of CVS Health and president of CVS Pharmacy, has been named CEO of Hudson’s Bay Company. Read More
- Kroger sells c-store unit to U.K. retailer
EG Group will establish their North American headquarters in Kroger's hometown market Cincinnati and continue to operate stores under their established banner names. Read More
- Food Lion intros new shopper loyalty program
The Shop & Earn rollout comes after successful pilots last year in the Raleigh and Greensboro markets in North Carolin Read More
- Rexall renews commitment to OneWalk to Conquer Cancer
The partnership benefits Princess Margaret Cancer Centre by encouraging the public to register for the 2018 event. Read More
- Crop Naturals, Creative Research Labs win DSN/ECRM Buyers’ Choice Awards
Crop Naturals won for its cosmetics and skin care lines, and Creative Research Labs won for its Jesse's Girl liquid gloss. Read More
RxWiki ALL Health News RSS Feed
- Another FDA Warning for a Common Diarrhea Drug
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a safety communication for a common anti-diarrhea medication.
- How Eating Speed Might Affect Weight Loss
How fast you eat might affect your ability to lose weight, according to a new study.
- A Triple Threat for HIV
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new medication to treat HIV.
- Where Zika Spread, Birth Defects Were More Common
Parts of the United States that had local Zika virus transmission saw an increase in birth defects that have been linked to the virus, a new study found.
- Opioid Cough Medicines: No Longer for Kids
After a new US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) decision, opioid cough and cold medications will no longer be indicated for children. Their use in this age group is not recommended.
RxWiki Medication News RSS Feed
- Antibody Decreased Asthma Response
Getting to the root of the cause of asthma may help develop more effective treatments. A new drug has targeted one of those possible causes.
- Worse Drug Resistance Seen in HIV Positive Children
Once the HIV virus becomes resistant to a drug, that resistance is permanent. Drug resistance in HIV-infected children makes finding an effective treatment more difficult.
- Antifungal Rx May Increase Skin Cancer
Side effects involving skin damage have been reported in patients taking voriconazole for fungal infections. Some patients using voriconazole long-term have developed skin cancer.
- Looking Ahead for Pulmonary Fibrosis Patients
Patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis have not had many treatment options to improve their quality of life. Results of clinical trials due in 2014 may change that.
- Long-Term Effects of Golimumab in Patients with Arthritis
Clinicians are generally familiar with the side effects of most prescribed medications. However, the safety of newer medications such as golimumab, an anti-TNF drug to treat autoimmune disorders, is still being examined.