Drug Store News RSS Feed
- FDA chief promises ANDA submission guidance by year’s end
David Salazar At a public meeting on July 18, Food and Drug Administration commissioner Scott Gottlieb said that by the end of the year, the agency would develop an internal strategy for dealing with abbreviated new drug applications, as w [...]
- Merck launches Remicade biosimilar Renflexis
David Salazar he company said that Renflexis would be launched with a wholesaler acquisition cost of $753.39, which it said is a 35% discount to Remicade’s current list price. read more
- Health Dialog launches MTM service for health plans
Michael Johnsen In an eight-month study with its first MTM client, Health Dialog realized significant adherence gains and optimal therapy adoptions to help improve upon CMS' Five-Star Quality Ratings. read more
- Proposed CMS cuts to 340B will have negligible impact, Walgreens says
Michael Johnsen Applicable drugs not purchased under the 340B drug program would continue to receive ASP plus 6% payment, CMS noted. read more
- Merck’s follow-on biologic Lusdana Nexvue gets tentative FDA approval
David Salazar The drug has met all of the Food and Drug Administration's requirements but is facing an automatic stay as the result of litigation with Sanofi, who has claimed patent infringement on it Lantus insulin. read more
RxWiki ALL Health News RSS Feed
- New Breast Cancer Rx Class Gets Good Review
A new class of breast cancer medications appeared to have manageable side effects for most patients, according to a new study.
- New Hepatitis Rx Approved
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new medication to treat hepatitis.
- Why Some Stroke Survivors Skip Their Statins
Concerns over side effects may cause some stroke survivors to not take the statins they're prescribed, a new study found.
- Is Prostate Cancer Surgery Recommended For Everyone?
For some men with prostate cancer, surgery may not be more beneficial than observation, according to a new study.
- Choosing the Right Depression Rx
Taking an antipsychotic medication may be more effective than switching to another antidepressant in treating depression, a new study found.
RxWiki Medication News RSS Feed
- Antibody Decreased Asthma Response
Getting to the root of the cause of asthma may help develop more effective treatments. A new drug has targeted one of those possible causes.
- Worse Drug Resistance Seen in HIV Positive Children
Once the HIV virus becomes resistant to a drug, that resistance is permanent. Drug resistance in HIV-infected children makes finding an effective treatment more difficult.
- Antifungal Rx May Increase Skin Cancer
Side effects involving skin damage have been reported in patients taking voriconazole for fungal infections. Some patients using voriconazole long-term have developed skin cancer.
- Looking Ahead for Pulmonary Fibrosis Patients
Patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis have not had many treatment options to improve their quality of life. Results of clinical trials due in 2014 may change that.
- Long-Term Effects of Golimumab in Patients with Arthritis
Clinicians are generally familiar with the side effects of most prescribed medications. However, the safety of newer medications such as golimumab, an anti-TNF drug to treat autoimmune disorders, is still being examined.