Drug Store News RSS Feed
- Supermarket Wellness Watch: Data shows breadth of retailer health commitments
David Orgel In the latest installment of Supermarket Wellness Watch, David Orgel takes a deep dive into FMI’s report on food retailers’ health-and-wellness efforts — from pharmacy to dietitians to retail clinics. read more
- Q&A: Caulfield explains role of Temptime’s medication temperature monitoring tools
Temptime VP global customer development Christopher Caulfield spoke with Drug Store News about how the company’s tools helps pharmacies deliver value to patients and the healthcare system. read more
- Thrifty White Pharmacy is improving patient outcomes through new diabetes pilot
Michael Johnsen Thrifty White recently introduced the dedicated diabetes pilot across 20 markets with plans to roll out the program to all stores in October. read more
- Amber Pharmacy president recipient of NASP 2017 Distinguished Service Award
Michael Johnsen The Distinguished Service Award is given annually to an individual who has made a sustained contribution to leadership within NASP and the specialty pharmacy industry. read more
- Q&A: PerceptiMed’s Maione talks engaging patients through Rx tech
Drug Store News spoke to PerceptiMed chief business officer Frank Maione about how PerceptiMed is working to help pharmacies deliver on the goal of improved patient engagment. read more
RxWiki ALL Health News RSS Feed
- A Roadblock in Stroke Prevention
After 40 years, the United States is seeing stalled progress in preventing stroke deaths, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Fats, Carbs and Your Health
Diets that include moderate amounts of fat, fruits and vegetables may promote a long, healthy life, according to a new study.
- Kidney Rx May Block Other Medications
A medication for hyperkalemia may bind with other medications and keep them from working properly, according to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Wildfires and Your Health
With recent wildfires raging through countless acres of land in the American West, it's more important than ever to know how you can remain safe and healthy in the event of a wildfire.
- Introducing Peanuts to Infants
The time health experts are saying you should introduce peanuts into your infant's diet may surprise you.
RxWiki Medication News RSS Feed
- Antibody Decreased Asthma Response
Getting to the root of the cause of asthma may help develop more effective treatments. A new drug has targeted one of those possible causes.
- Worse Drug Resistance Seen in HIV Positive Children
Once the HIV virus becomes resistant to a drug, that resistance is permanent. Drug resistance in HIV-infected children makes finding an effective treatment more difficult.
- Antifungal Rx May Increase Skin Cancer
Side effects involving skin damage have been reported in patients taking voriconazole for fungal infections. Some patients using voriconazole long-term have developed skin cancer.
- Looking Ahead for Pulmonary Fibrosis Patients
Patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis have not had many treatment options to improve their quality of life. Results of clinical trials due in 2014 may change that.
- Long-Term Effects of Golimumab in Patients with Arthritis
Clinicians are generally familiar with the side effects of most prescribed medications. However, the safety of newer medications such as golimumab, an anti-TNF drug to treat autoimmune disorders, is still being examined.