Drug Store News RSS Feed
- Cowen assesses Amazon's Rx potential, marks RAD as prime acquisition target
David Salazar New York-based equity research firm Cowen has sized up the threat Amazon poses to the industry, and while its entry would not be as disruptive as some might think, there are still opportunities for Amazon in the pharmacy business.  [...]
- FDA approves Glenmark’s generic Hailey Fe 1/20
David Salazar The contraceptive had U.S. brand and generic sales of roughly $116.8 million, according to data from IQVIA for the 12 months ended September 2017.
- Ajanta launches generic Kapvay
David Salazar The drug is indicated to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder as a monotherapy and as adjunctive treatment to stimulants.
- CHPA recognizes Bayer for aspirin campaign
Gisselle Gaitan The New Jersey-based company was given the Consumer Healthcare Products Association 2017 Industry Leadership Award for Advancing Self-Care. read more
- Stericycle partners with National Safety Council to combat opioid crisis
Gisselle Gaitan Together the companies are working on the “Stop Everyday Killers” campaign to address this nationwide epidemic with an art installation. read more
RxWiki ALL Health News RSS Feed
- FDA Warns of Body Contouring Dangers
Injectable silicone for body contouring could be dangerous, according to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- How More Exercise Might Help Older Women
For older women, exercising more and doing so more vigorously could lead to a reduced risk of death, according to a new study.
- Rx for Rare Genetic Disorder Gets FDA Green Light
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the first treatment for a rare genetic disorder.
- High Blood Pressure Threshold Lowered
Because of new American Heart Association (AHA) definitions, many more American adults could be diagnosed with high blood pressure.
- First Digital Medication Approved
Abilify MyCite is the first digital medication system approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
RxWiki Medication News RSS Feed
- Antibody Decreased Asthma Response
Getting to the root of the cause of asthma may help develop more effective treatments. A new drug has targeted one of those possible causes.
- Worse Drug Resistance Seen in HIV Positive Children
Once the HIV virus becomes resistant to a drug, that resistance is permanent. Drug resistance in HIV-infected children makes finding an effective treatment more difficult.
- Antifungal Rx May Increase Skin Cancer
Side effects involving skin damage have been reported in patients taking voriconazole for fungal infections. Some patients using voriconazole long-term have developed skin cancer.
- Looking Ahead for Pulmonary Fibrosis Patients
Patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis have not had many treatment options to improve their quality of life. Results of clinical trials due in 2014 may change that.
- Long-Term Effects of Golimumab in Patients with Arthritis
Clinicians are generally familiar with the side effects of most prescribed medications. However, the safety of newer medications such as golimumab, an anti-TNF drug to treat autoimmune disorders, is still being examined.